Thursday, 3 September 2009

Getting out of the Boat

Today I have set up my blog page, which will track my progress as I begin life as a student. On the 21st of September I attend the International Christian College (ICC) to study "Youth Work & Applied Theology" which will last for 4 years. Hopefully, God willing, it will see me achieve a degree in said subject.

I have considered this career on a number of occasions, but have always found an excuse not to proceed. However, I have finally taken the step of "Getting out of the Boat" It all began when I was asking God what the purpose was for my life, and God began to show me. I could not quite believe what I was seeing (Similar to Peter) and I found myself asking the same question. "If it is really you Lord, bid me to come?" Stupid I know, at my age I should have known better.

The words were clear and true "COME" Now I am looking for a life jacket, rubber ring (do we still get them?) or water wings, so please check your garages/lofts etc.

God has shown me where we are going on this journey, and some of the exciting projects he has in-store which I look forward to sharing in the future. Please pray of Jennifer, Stephanie and myself as we embark on an adventure of a lifetime.

Bill

No comments:

Post a Comment