Saturday, 26 September 2009

Be Examples of Christ

Hi Folks,

Week one complete and I am knackered! Monday 21st September 2009 - 09:15 registration, and meet my fellow students. Permit me to introduce the people whom I will have the pleasure of spending the next 4 years. There are 4 guys and five girls. Robert, Daniel, Gary and myself. The Girls are Pamela, Laura, Caz, Rosemary and Rachel.

The stark reality of what lies ahead for me, is not some large theological question. I was sitting in the admin office and my eyes settled upon a piece of A4 paper, bluetaced to the wall. Printed in bold font with a landscape format, it read.


Don't worry that children never listen to you; worry that they are always watching you.” it is a quote by Robert Fulghum


It brought a whole new meaning to the saying actions speak louder than words. I have to be honest and say that if you were to ask my daughter what kind of dad I have been, she would tell you everything she has seen me do, and nothing about the things I have told her.

However, this quote also gives me hope, as It would direct me to a practical ministry. I have believed for many years that we must be examples of Christ to our friends, neighbours and peers. This was Jesus ministry many watched what he was doing and followed him
.

Over the next number of year I hope its not what I say, but what I do that shapes the lives of the people I engage with.

Bill



No comments:

Post a Comment